We are pleased to announce the release of privacyIDEA 3.0.1 today. In this release, we did not implement any new features, but instead focused on stability.
Our last major release privacyIDEA 3.0 came with several big changes. Most notably, it introduced a new PUSH token class. With this token class, a login request sends a push notification on the user’s smartphone that can be accepted or declined. You can read more about the PUSH token here. Thanks to a lot of feedback from the community, we were able to fix several issues with our initial implementation:
- Add logic checking to setup of PUSH token (#1592)
- Remove double enrollment notification of PUSH token in WebUI (#1598)
- Fix to allow spaces in Firebase configuration (#1599)
- Add support for iOS Firebase configuration (#1608)
- Fix to allow PUSH token enrollment, even with Label-policy (#1589)
- Fix to mark PUSH token challenge answered in the database (#1584)
privacyIDEA 3.0.1 also comes with usability improvements on the frontend side:
- Beautify the vertical alignment in the Web UI top menu (#1559)
- Fix user cache configuration read – defaults to 0 (#1596)
- Remove links in audit log for normal users (#1497)
- Fix placeholder in realm dropdown in login dialog (#1498)
- Allow the usage if “browserLanguage” in custom templates (#1620)
- Open all accordions when searching for policy action (#1558)
- Fix to hide support links also in menu (#1626)
Finally, we corrected some inconsistencies and bugs in the backend, and improved on the compatibility with Python 3:
- Fix the validity period of the registration token (#1587)
- Check UI rights for user resolvers (#1496)
- Fix enckey creation in Python 3 (#1594)
privacyIDEA 3.0.1 is available via the Python package index, and can be installed on Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 using our community repositories. Detailed installation instructions can be found in our documentation. Before upgrading your existing installation, be sure to read our update notes.
If you have any questions or suggestions, you are welcome to join our community forum. In case you require enterprise support, we refer to the privacyIDEA Enterprise Edition offered by NetKnights GmbH.